Natural Gas appliances
To ensure the safety and reliability of natural gas appliances, they must:
- Be installed by a technician licensed and certified through the Nova Scotia Department of Labour & Workforce Development – Fuels Safety Division.
- Have an installation permit.
- Have a visible green tag, signed by the installer
Heritage Gas has a network of heating contractors that can provide this service to you
- You can find the list of authorized contractors on our website or call Heritage Gas at 1-866-313-3030 if you have any questions.
Certification of appliances:
- All natural gas appliances must be certified for use with gas.
They should carry the logo of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA), or another Canadian certification. This can be found on the rating plate of the appliance and the manuals that come with your new appliance.
Maintenance of your appliances:
- Regular inspection of your appliances by a licensed heating contractor helps detect any deterioration of the condition of your equipment.
- Poorly maintained equipment can operate with reduced efficiency, and can create a safety hazard by giving off Carbon Monoxide (CO).
- Contact your heating contractor to arrange for regular inspection and maintenance of your natural gas appliance.