Speak with a Heritage Gas sales representative
Once you’ve decided on natural gas, your first call should be to us, 1 877 836 7427 or 466 2003 (HRM Local). For more information, please see the "Steps to Obtain Natural Gas" video, found under the Why Natural Gas? pull down menu above.
Our friendly, helpful and knowledgeable sales representatives will discuss your natural gas requirements and provide you with information about:
- Installation costs, processes and timelines
- Current rebates and financing options
- The Authorized Dealers who can provide conversion cost estimates
- Documents requiring your signature
Sign an Expression of Interest Form (EOI)
You will be asked to sign the EOI to initiate the process of determining your service line costs. A Heritage Gas customer service representative will contact you to schedule a site visit at your home / business with our technical planner. This visit will determine your service line routing, meter location and identify any customer contributions (if applicable) in accordance with Heritage Gas policies.
Confirm you are ready to move forward with natural gas
Once you are aware of your installation cost requirements and you have chosen a heating contractor, your sales representative will have you sign The Distribution Service Agreement (DSA) and will collect the required funds. Signing the DSA confirms that you agree with the details of your natural gas service and the service rules that govern the way Heritage Gas operates.
Prepare for service line installation
After signing the DSA and paying required monies, our customer service department will work on obtaining the necessary permits and approvals we require to install your service line. Upon receipt of these items, a customer service representative will contact you to provide an approximate timeline for your service line installation. This is usually a 6 to 8 week process, however, this timeframe can increase significantly if there are complications with the service line routing. As your given timeline approaches, it is important that you ensure the installation area is clear of any obstacles, clutter or debris. This will help reduce installation delays.
Enjoy the benefits of natural gas
The heating contractor you have chosen will:
- Complete all natural gas piping required inside your home / business
- Install your new natural gas equipment
- Arrange for Heritage Gas to install and activate the natural gas meter
You as a homeowner/business owner will:
- See considerable energy savings
- Experience the convenience of having fuel available as you need it, and never running out!
- Eliminate the risk of leaky storage tanks
- Be happy knowing you have made a wise environmental choice